As an undergraduate or even a postgraduate in Nigeria, there are tons of scholarships you can apply for to study conveniently at home or abroad.
If you have been on the lookout for scholarship opportunities as a Nigerian student, then you’re in the right place. The Trybe City provides the needed articles just to keep you informed!
A good number of these scholarship opportunities are currently available. Therefore, we would talk about one of these available scholarship opportunities and how to qualify for it.
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
The Federal Ministry of Education in Nigeria has announced that the Federal Government Scholarship (FGS) Award is a fully-funded scholarship for Nigerian undergraduates and postgraduates in Nigerian public or private universities.
The application for the Federal Government scholarship which caters for all levels of tertiary education has opened and would close on the 20th of June, 2022.
Interested and qualified Nigerians have been invited by The Minister of Education to participate in the 2021/2022 Nomination Computer Based Test (CBT) for the Federal Government Scholarship Award.
Host Country: Nigeria.
Study Abroad: Study in Africa.
Category: Undergraduate Scholarships | Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships.
Eligible Countries: Nigeria.
Reward: Full Scholarship.
Deadline: June 20, 2022.
Duration: The scholarship is tenable in Nigeria and takes effect from the beginning of the academic session.
Interested Nigerians who wish to be considered for the Government Scholarship Award, must:
1. be a registered Full-Time student of Federal or State Universities.
2. possess a minimum of first degree with Second Class Honours Division (Postgraduate students).
3. be registered full-time students in their second year or above in Federal or State Universities, Polytechnics, Monotechnics, and Colleges of Education.
4. have at least 4.0 Cumulative Grade Points Aggregate (CGPA) on a five (5) point scale or its equivalents or 5.0 on a 7-point scale (UG, HND & NCE).
5. have a CGPA of 3.5 and above on a scale of 4.0 (NCE/HND Applicants)
6. Not hold the scholarship at the same time with another Award nor for part-time studies.
7. Not change course or Institution while enjoying the award.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO APPLY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP
Interested applicants must submit:
1. Letter of Admission to the Institution.
2. Current School’s Identity Card.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
All qualified candidates are advised to:
1. Visit Federal Ministry of Education’s website and click on Federal Scholarship Board ICON on the Home Page:
2. Read Guidelines and then Complete the Application Form online
3. Print the Examination slip.
4. Candidates are advised to choose Computer Based Test Centre (CBT) very close to them.
Double Entries will be disqualified!
The registration portal will be opened 9th May, 2022 to 20th June, 2022.
Click on “commence application” below to apply.
Source: Scholarship Region.
Leave a Comment