JICA Government of Japan Scholarship and Internship program for African students is under the “African Business Education Initiative for Youth (hereafter, referred to as the “ABE Initiative”). It has the mandate to provide up to 1,000 youths in Africa with opportunity to study at Japanese universities as well as do internships at Japanese enterprises.
Host Country: Japan
Study Abroad: Study in Asia
Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships | Internships
Eligible Countries: All African Countries
Reward: Full Scholarship
Deadline: October 7, 2022
The scholarship is an initiative of Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA). JICA is advancing its activities around the pillars of a field-oriented approach, human security, and enhanced effectiveness, efficiency, and speed.
- Be citizens of eligible African countries,
- Be less than 40 (as of 1 April 2023),
- Have some work experience,
- Have good health condition, both physically and mentally, to complete the program,
- Bachelor’s degree (B-Tech included) with honours or equivalent to NQF8 or above,
- Minimum average of 65% score in academic transcript,
- Have good understanding of the ABE Initiative’s objectives,
- Have adequate English skills in both written and oral communication.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The program provides African youths with opportunities to study at Japanese universities and to work at Japanese enterprises.
- A fully funded offer.
To apply, candidates must submit the following documents;
- Undergraduate Graduation Certificate; A copy of “Officially certified copies of the original” is acceptable. It must be written in English or be accompanied with official translation in English,
- Academic transcript; Must contain all the grades earned in the university attended by the applicant. A copy of “Officially certified copies of the original” is acceptable. It must be written in English or accompanied with official translation in English,
- A copy of Valid Passport with photo (for checking nationality, name, sex, and date of birth). Valid National ID and birth certificate are acceptable if you do not have Passport. Certified English translation must be attached if ID is not written in English, French, Portuguese or Spanish)
- 2 ID Photos(4 cm×3 cm) pasted on application form (Original and copy).
- Photocopy of the certificate of official English Tests, etc. (if any). Health certificate (in JICA format) is to be submitted after the 4th Selection.
Method of Application
The registration procedures require interested participants to pay attention to the following documents as it contains series of guides for the application.
A-3. 2023 Application Form for ABE Initiative (includes Annex1&3) (Excel/316KB)
A-5. Annex.2 Details of Current and Previous Work, Research Plan and Career Plan after Graduation (Word/22.0KB)
C-4. Application Form_Cover (ABE, SDGs) (Japanese) (PDF/153KB)
C-5. Example of Application Form (PDF/916KB)
The subject of the email should be as follows: “[ABE Initiative FY2023] Submission of Application”
Deadline: October 7, 2022