If you are a student looking to study in the United States of America you would want to grab this fully funded scholarship opportunity before it’s deadline on the 30th of April.
For must Student who get a fully funded scholarship they always still incur the expense of getting a passport, getting a visa and a ticket, which isn’t a small one. The United States Embassy Nigeria, started a program which is The US Embassy Education USA Opportunity funds program (OFP) 2022, for young Nigerians. This program is offering Nigerian students who want to study in The US the chance to get a 100% fully funded scholarship to study in any College of their choice in The US. This opportunity would only be open till the 30th of April 2022, so this article would be guiding you on how to apply, the terms and conditions of the program and every other thing you need to know about this scholarship opportunity.
It is important to note that The Opportunity funds program is not offering you a scholarship to study in The US, The program would only cover all of your expenses to get to The US. Opportunity funds program scholars must attend all group sessions held at the location to which they applied: Lagos or Abuja. Advisers would need to spend time with each scholar so as to provide the best guidance for them . This will take place from the time of selection in July of the year you apply until at least December of that year. However meetings will continue to take place until you receive a fully funded admission and leave for The US in August of the following year.
RESPONSIBILITY OF SCHOLARS :
- All OFP Scholars must commit their time and energy towards applying to institutions that can offer a full scholarship.
- They must put in what we call “sweat equity”. They must also be willing to mentor the next cohort of scholars and demonstrate an ethos of giving back.
Opportunity funds Program scholars are issued F-1 Student visas.
- Strong academic records.
*Robust participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in leadership roles.
- Excellent community service.
- Financial need.
*SS 1 & 2 end of year report(Word or PDF files only).
- Mock WAEC result or WAEC result(Word or PDF files only).
- Other supporting documentation(Word or PDF files only).
- Copy of university transcript-if available(PDF files only).
- Copy of statement Result/Degree(PDF files).
- Submit a detailed academic curriculum vitae.
- Scanned copy of any supplementary certificates of achievement(PDF files only).
- Copy of GRE result (Recommended for Engineering students)PDF files only.
- Opportunity funds program scholars do not receive scholarship to study in the U.S.
- The scholar must work hard to apply to institutions that can provide full funding for them.
- OFP will cover upfront costs of applying to U.S institutions
- OFP will cover the cost of taking standardized tests, application fees(limited amount), international passport, a flight ticket to the U.S, visa and SEVIS fees and if available, a settling in allowance.
- In extenuating circumstances and funds permitting, OFP may cover the cost of a credential evaluation, mailing transcripts and I-20 forms or additional score reports , internet data(if we are operating virtually).
*Step 1: Apply online_ opens April 1 and closes April 30.
- Step 2: Interview- shortlisted candidates are interviewed June/July.
- Step 3: Program Starts _ The Program takes 9-12 months August-August next year.
- Step 4: Step to U.S study _ Take Exams, Get transcripts and recommendations
- Step 5: Departure to U.S_ Apply for student visa and departure to U.S June to August (next year).
For more information visit:. https://opportunityfundsnigeria.org/ THE OFFICIAL PAGE OF THE US EMBASSY EDUCATIONUSA OPPORTUNITY FUNDS PROGRAM OFP 2022
Leave a Comment